SRI LANKA SURF CAMP
OPEN 01st of July 2022
VACCINATED: ENTER SRI LANKA
NO QUARANTINE / NO PCR REQUIRED / NO RESTRICTIONS
Our Surf Camp in Arugam Bay – Sri Lanka is strategically located, 50 meters from the Arugam Bay beach and in the end of the centre of Arugam Bay Village, surrounded by shops. Arugam Bay is undisputable the best and most known surf spot Sri Lanka knows. The famous Arugam Point break caught worldwide fame due to its long wave, turning all the way into the bay. “A-bay”, as frequent visitors name Arugam Bay, is not only worth a visit for surfing, but also the totally different landscape and wilde life and surroundings makes this a destination to put on your bucket list. Wilde elephants can just appear out of the bush and say hello. The wildlife in the A-bay area is amazing with: Elephants, Eagles, Crocodiles, Monkeys and Leopards plus its mesmerizing landscape this surely is one of our top destinations.
We offer a secure location in a quiet but well located area very near the beach of Arugam Bay, in just a short walk of 50 meters down our road you will find the beach and visual of Arugam Bay surfing point – Shops & parties are around and is within reach and just on a short walking distance as well. We also have in our own location great facillities to enjoy, such as a infinity pool, outdoor cinema, bar, pool table, yoga shalla roof top and more.
The surf camp enjoys high quality european-standard A.C accommodations with only private bathrooms. Recently renovated we guarantee this is the best of the best in Arugam Bay. We offer currently 06 A/C Rooms, a yoga shala, open living room with a lush garden & swimming pool.
Discover, explorer, relax, surf and eat is what we do in Sri Lanka! Our in-house chefs prepare daily freshly made breakfast, lunch (a la carte) and 3 course dinner buffet! The unique Sri Lanka cuisine is full of flavor and is something you need to experience, we will serve a few times a week a taste of the local cuisine. If you are not so much into these flavors but don`t you worry as we will serve a mix of European food as well. Vegan and vegetarian are also served at every dinner. For a drink you can order this at our bar while enjoying the refreshing pool.
As mentioned we are located very near the beach – a 50 meter down the dead
end road without traffic you will find the a beginner wave and just down the
beach to the right on the same beach, on just a 10 /15 min short walking
distance you can find the famous Arugam Point break. But most importantly also
within a 10 min drive from our Surf Camp you are also able to reach the most
important surf spots like Peanut Farm – Panamas – Crocodile Point. We are
able to go each direction without any extreme long drives. If you are not
a beginner you will not only surf the Arugam point break but we also will drive
you in our Jeep to other surf spots in the near area.
WHY US ?
- 50 Meters from the Ocean
- Arugam Bay Surf Point break at our doorstep
- We serve daily freshly prepared breakfast and dinner with local foods. Vegetarian, gluten & lactose free, is available.
- Our location has only rooms private bathrooms & A/C, incl towel service.
- We offer “one package fits all“
- Mesmerizing wildlife, lagoons and surroundings.
- Dinner 5 x (vegetarian, vegan – gluten & lactose free available)
- Free Flow Water
- All rooms with private bathrooms & A.C
- Towels service (not for the beach)
- Pool table
- Large swimming pool
- Outdoor Cinema
- Daily cleaned rooms
- 24/7 Surf house team onsite
- Arrival on any day and time
- Airport Pick Up (free for Superior Room >7days)
- Daily board & lycra
- Daily surf transport*
- Daily surf guiding (intermediate & advanced)*
- Dawn till Dusk sessions (intermediate & advanced)* OR
- Daily board & lycra
- Daily surf transport*
- Daily surf lessons, ± 2Hrs*
- Daily free surfing, ± 3Hrs* * Sunday day off (boards available)
- Vinyasa style/ surf Yoga (all levels)
- Daily morning Yoga 07.30 – 08.30*
- Daily evening Yoga 17.30 – 18.30*
- Weekly surf video analysing evening
- Weekly surf & wave theory evening
- SATURDAY BBQ DAY
- SOFTDRINKS & ALCOHOL
- AIRPORT TRANSFERS: LKR 22.000,- (Roughly €90,-) per one way per car (shared room)
- SURF INSURANCE – Better surf than sorry: €35,- p.p.p.w.
* Sunday No Dinner
+ THE SURF (INCLUDED)
* Choose Daily Your Session
+ THE YOGA (INCLUDED)
* Sunday day off!
+ EXTRA’S (INCLUDED)
ROOMS & PRICES
SHARED ROOM INCL “ONE PACKAGE FITS ALL”™
Private Bathroom | Closet | A.C | Locker | Wifi
October – April
€ 349,- per person per week
May – September
€ 449,- per person per week
SURF SCHOOL & SURF GUIDING
EXCURSIONS & EXTRA OPTIONS
HOW TO GET HERE
Arugam Bay can be reached only by car. The new high-way to the east of the country is half the travel time as it used to be.
We only offer private chauffeur and if there are more arrivals at the same time we will combine those. The cost will then also be shared.
The rates are based on car or van.
Price: 100,- USD / one way
Most recommended is the include Arugam Bay as part of your travels through Sri Lanka and schedule this from Ella (9 Arches Bridge and reachable by train).
Arugam Bay can not be reached by train the closest the train will bring you to A-bay is the town Ella in the mountain region of Sri Lanka.
Most people have included Elle (9 Arches Bridge) already into their travel plan. From Ella it is only a 2 hrs Drive.
Also from the South Weligama where our other surf camp is based it is a 3 hr drive to A-Bay. The South, Weligama, you can easily be reached by train from Colombo.