The Solid Surf Academy ISA & LS – Level 1 and Level 2 is the 12 week programme World Wide that is officially endorsed by the ISA (International Surf Association).
In Sri Lanka we offer only a 12 weeks course. In these 12 weeks we get you ready for the Level 1 or 2 ISA & LS – Life Saving – course that is linked to the 12 week programme.
You will be based the first 6 weeks in Arugam Bay, located in the East of Sri Lanka. After 6 weeks we will move towards Weligama where the season kicks off. The accommodations we provide have great facilities that are hard to match in Sri Lanka. You can enjoy our facilities like swimming pool, yoga shalla, snooker pool table, cinema, bar and more. P.S if you start 15th of September to 8th of December Arugam Bay will be the starting point and Weligama Bay the ending point – if you start 15th of March to 7th of June then Weligama Bay will be the starting point and A-Bay the ending point.
What can you expect from us: You will be out surfing and coached twice a day by our qualified ISA & ILS surf instructors and their assistants. So even when you’re an intermediate or advanced surfer they will guide, develop, and work with you towards successfully passing your 10 days ISA & LS assessment that is hosted by an official ISA representative.
We will also organise several activities and surf trips and excursions all over the island. Among those excursions you will discover what Sri Lanka is about. We included a 5 day trip when we drive down from Arugam Bay to Weligama, where we complete the rest of the 6 weeks we have left. While travelling back to Weligama we will make a stop in Ella that is famous for the traditional train ride and the Nine Arches Bridge – among the train ride we will also do hiking – abseiling – ATV tour and do a safari at Udewallawa National Park. But that is not all as we have lots more included.
This 12 weeks programme is also suitable for surfers that look for a true surf-adventure and want to improve their surfing. This can be booked without the ISA and LS exams for a 10% discount.
Read more in our inclusions.
- You want to become a surf instructor but you are not fully ready to take the ISA exam yet.
- You’re looking for a 12 weeks epic surf adventure in Sri Lanka
- You want the sandy beaches to be your lifetime office like ours.
- You’re on a gap year and want to do something very cool.
- Meet like-minded surfers from all over the world
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
- Welcoming Coconut
- 12 Weeks stay in a lush Villa with Pool
- Breakfast Daily included*
- Dinner 5x p.w included*
- Board Rental and Rash Guards included
- Saturday evenings, Free BBQ time at the surf camp!
- 6 days a week unlimited surf guiding & Surf Safari: dawn till dusk*
- Weekly Intern Teacher Training
- Weekly Video Analysis
- 3 x a week relaxing evening yoga sessions
- A-Bay Lagoon Discovery
- Ella 4 days explore trip incl accommodation, transport
– Nine Arches
– Train Ride
– ATV tour
- Udewallawa Safari Park incl. Transport
- Snorkle Trip Turtle Bay
- South Coast Trip, Galle Fort, Snake Farm, Turtle Farm, Transport
- ISA course & L1 or L2 certificate
- Theory & Study books
- Life Saving course & certificate
- Free Solid Tee & Cap
- Goodbye Party
* not incl on excursions & roadtrips
*Wednesday Day Off
ROAD TRIPS & EXCURSIONS*
*All fees are included
ROOMS & PRICES
- Ensuite Bathroom
- Towel & Linnen Service
- Comfortable Bunk with stairs
- Private Power Plug & Reading Light
- Wifi 100 Mbps
ROOMS & PRICES
YEAR ROUND – EVERY 6 MONTHS THE COURSE STARTS
12 Weeks Course: 15 September
8 Weeks Course: 15 October
12 Weeks Course: 15 March
8 Weeks Course: 15 April
FREE FLIGHT OPTION
Yes you read that right ! We offer a free flight option. This is how it works.
12 Weeks: first 6 bookers receive a FREE flight with the value of € 550,-
– Book and Pay 100% upfront within 1 week after booking
– Show your booked flight when you are booking with us and we deduct the flight with a maximum of € 550,- per flight per person
– We only have 3 spots very 3 months for the FREE flight option
08 Weeks: No Free Flight